However, you do not have to remain in that negative place. There are a number of quotes about positive thinking that you can use as motivation to stop the negative self-talk and snap out of your depressive state. And, the good news is, you can start implementing this mindset right now.
Psychologists found speaking to yourself in the second-person, for example saying “You can do it!” instead of “I can do it!” improved effort and task performance.
It’s always good to learn new things about how to improve our self-talk and affirmations - I’m looking forward to more research in the future!
Post-it Notes Left on the Train
Writer and illustrator October Jones, the creative genius behind Text From Dog and these funny train commute doodles, is at it again with these hilarious motivational post-it notes that he leaves on the train and in other random places.The upbeat doodles, which star Jones’ adorable character Peppy the Inspirational Cat, convey positive and funny messages meant to motivate daily commuters. Whether you’re feeling the Monday blues or in need of some encouragement, Jones’ delightful post-it notes are sure to brighten your day and remind you just how awesome you are.
“COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
— 3:29 p.m. feel free to add to this! (via expresswithsilence)
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.”
I know my worth, I’m priceless.
I will not be stopped.